Monday, May 16, 2016

The Caragua Shakes

Dear family, 

 

What a week. I think I say that phrase on a weekly basis, but wow. It feels like eternity since I skyped you guys, but at the same time this week has absolutely flown by. So Monday morning President called and wanted us to go to Registro with him to the Zone Conf over there. So until about 4ish we were with him. Tuesday we had two zone conferences and those took up our entire day, we were with President and Sister Cabral once again (of which you all know how much I love). That night we finished packing up all of our stuff for the week. Wednesday we had the zone conf of Santos and Guarujá. Afterwards President told us he was planning on going straight up to Caraguatatuba (this probably doesn’t make any sense because you don’t understand the geography of our mission but Caragua is where we planned to spend the end of the week and it is like 4-5 hours away from Santos). So Elder Cerqueira and I freaked out because we left our bags in Santos thinking we would come home that night and then head up to Caragua early Thursday morning. Long story short, President took us back to Santos to get our bags and we went up with him and Sister Cabral to Caragua. We were with them in the car practically the entire day! It was SOOOO AWESOME!!! It is insane how much I love those two people. Thursday we got up and went to Caragua´s Zone Conf. and then I went to Travessão to do divisions. I stayed there with them and with the Elders from Porto Novo for Thursday, Friday, and Sat. Then Saturday night I went back to Caragua where I met up with Elder Cerqueira. We slept there that night and then Sunday after church we got the bus back to Santos. Whew! Yeah. Pretty nuts.

 

While I was in these areas we worked super hard with the Elders. It was a really good experience. I pulled one of the Elders aside and he just let loose and told me all of the disobedience that was going on. That night I had a conversation with each of the Elders and we talked about everything that has been going on and our purpose here on our missions and all that jazz. I HATE when we have to deal with that stuff. It breaks my heart when we find missionaries who are throwing away the life changing opportunity of a mission. However, it is mind boggling and so very humbling to feel the strength that Heavenly Father gives me while we do divisions. I am humbled each time. It is such an honor to worthily represent our sweet Savior Jesus Christ. 

 

I talked more about all of those “fun” experiences in my recordings. Then on Saturday night Elder Cerqueira and I found this family that already had a Book of Mormon!! Coolest experience ever! They had never spoken to missionaries but somehow they already had a Book of Mormon. If those Elders don’t baptize that family there is a serious problem. Then that night we walked for eternity and got the famous Caragua shakes! Wooo Wooo!! The drive yesterday was very long and I could not sleep for the life of me- it was like a 5 hour trip. But, we got back safely.

 

The craziness starts again tonight. We leave tonight and will be traveling until next Sunday. I LOVE THE GOSPEL!!!

 

Have a great week guys! Be safe! I miss you and love you with all my heart!

 

Elder Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment